A Three Years Old Electrocuted in Nyatike
Written by Moses Omollo on November 16, 2021
A three year old child was elctrocuted and died in West Kadem location, Nyatike sub-county, Migori county. Confirming the incident, West Kadem location chief Climes Malongo said that the child was with fellow children before unknowingly touching an electric cable that was lying on the ground.
malongo said that the child died on the spot as the other children managed to escape. He said that officers from Kenya Power and Lighting Company Migori branch have not been performing their duties diligently, as he said that previously, they have given reports to the company concerning polls and electric cables that were lying dangerously so that they could correct but they have never taken any action.
Cases of deaths caused by electricity in Migori County has increased, as last month, another child was electrocuted in the same area, as another middle aged man was also electrocuted in Rongo three months ago.